blue blog

Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Bit of Craftiness

As I have said before (maybe on another post or blog), that I am the happiest when creating.  If you have not visited Pinterest, you need to!  This is a creative persons heaven!!  I happened on to this amazing web site several months ago and have become a bit obsessed intrigued by all the amazing "pins" on there.  


One pin in particular was my inspiration piece.  Among my many collections of Christmas things - one are snowmen and snow globes.  I so loved this item and knew I had to make it for some very special ladies that I get to work with at the school.  While my version is not as perfect as I would have liked it to be, I think they turned out cute.  I know two family members who will want one (Lolly and Stephanie - show me your surprised faces...).  





I knew that I wanted to make the noses unique, so I chose to make them using Femo Clay.  While watching recorded episodes of Martha Stewart, I formed each little carrot nose, then baked them in the oven.  


The next step was to spray paint the muffin tins.  At first Rennie and I were perplexed as to how to spray them but quickly devised a plan.  We He would first spray them with a primer, then re-sprayed them with white.  He covered the muffin portion with a styrofoam coffee cup and then proceeded with the red spray paint.  Eureka, they were all sprayed and ready for me to paint the snowman faces on.





On to adding the eyes, mouths, and highlight spots...




And now, the finished product.  I think they turned out pretty cute.  I sure hope the ladies like them - they were made with love!






Each one were different and unique.  It was so much fun to create again and it has certainly gotten me back into the crafty mood! 


If you want to follow me on Pinterest - click on the "Follow me on Pinterest" button on the right sidebar of this blog.  


Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment