blue blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Hutch

Now that the tree is in place, it was time to begin on the other parts of the house.  The hutch in my eating area was the next in line.  Not too long ago, I scoped out a tin at a Salvation Army that resembled red transferware. When I picked the tin up, it was heavy like there was something inside it.  To my amazement, there were four tin Christmas plates that were from Restoration Hardware.  The price was definitely right...sold!


When I was planning the layout of what I wanted to do on the hutch, those plates were at the top of the list.  

The snowman was a new find this fall - I knew I had to have him for my collection.  The Starbucks snow globe is one of my all time favorites!
My little angel was given to me in 1976 by a fellow co-worker at Nemorus Children's Hospital.  It is a treasured piece.  The music that she plays has been an ongoing question - we know it is Christmas music, but for no one has been able to title it.
Our little gingerbread girl was made by me back in the 1980's.  
An old bear sits atop a snow covered plate. He's so cute!




Ta-da...the finished product.  I hope you enjoyed the tour.  It was fun designing it this year.  There is no telling what it will look like next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment