blue blog

Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Heart's Delight

I saw this poem today on another blog and wanted to share it with you along with some photographs of my grandchildren.  What a delight they are to us!  So often I have heard that if parents could be grandparents first - how much easier their children's lives would be.  Even though my children are precious to us - there is nothing like the laughter of my grandchildren or seeing things through their eyes.

Child of My Child

Author: Unknown
Child of my child
Heart of my heart.
Your smile bridges
The years between us...
I am young again, discovering
The world through your eyes.
You have the time to listen
and I have the time to spend,
Delighted to gaze at familiar,
Loved features made new in you again.
Through you, I see the future.
Through me, you'll see the past.
In the present, we'll love one another
As long as these moments last.

Andrew and my beautiful daughter (both inside and outside).
My middle grandchild - Andrew.  He is so sweet!  What cracks me up is his sister's facial expression (she's in the background on the left)
Peyton is the youngest grandchild - and such the actor!  He loves to play dress up and immediately goes into acting mode! He is such a hoot!
Peyton is sporting not only the Woody vest and bandanna, but his black knight helmet, and ridding his horse that his Aunt Lolly gave him.  Such an imagination!


Julia - my oldest grandchild - She and I share the same glasses shape.  I think that is so cool!
Julia sporting a towel cover-up that her mom made her. So cute!
She is always so happy - and crazy...just like here mom (to the right)!
Have you hugged your children or grandchildren today?  I have to send them cyber hugs since we're not living in the same city.  I so want my them to know they are loved EVERYDAY!


Until next time...~Pamela






No comments:

Post a Comment