blue blog

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Some of our Favorite Juicing Recipes!


Now that you may have an interest in juicing (or you may still be deciding), I wanted to share some more information that you may find helpful.

First, I am sharing some of our favorite juice combinations.  You will find your own blend once you get the hang of juicing, but in the mean time, here are some of ours.


  • Kale in everything!!!  We can't get enough of this nutritious super food!  You can read more about Kale, HERE!
  • Joe's Mean Green:  Kale, cucumber, celery, green apples, lemon, and a piece of fresh ginger
  • Kale, carrots,, bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, celery, romaine lettuce, grapefruit and apple
  • Kale, carrots, apple, and ginger (that is for me only since my sweetie does not like ginger).  And oh by the way, NEVER put any frozen fruit or ginger in your juicer...I have experienced what happens and it's not pretty.  You will be purchasing new parts for your juicer and I know you don't want to have to do that!
  • The pizza drink:  Kale, tomatoes, small slice of onion, bell pepper, garlic clove, spinach, fresh basil leaves, fresh oregano, celery, and a dash of Himalayan salt and ground cumin - sometimes we add a cucumber
  • Kale, carrots, apples, pears, oranges, spinach, broccoli (just the tips of the broccoli)
Remember, if you are juicing to lose weight, make sure you have more veggies than fruit in your juices so your natural sugar content is lower.  I found that if I had more fruit in my juice than veggies, it was making me hungry, so I cut back on the fruit.  We use enough fruit in the juice just to sweeten it up a bit.

I have also included a couple of my favorite juice web sites that have wonderful juice recipes:

Look for me and follow me on Pinterest!  I have several boards dedicated to juicing and plant based recipes.  There are tons of juicing recipes and yummy vegan recipes on Pinterest - who is not encouraged by that web site???  It's addictive, right?  I could spend hours on there! (and sometimes I do, hehe)

Don't be shy about sharing any of your favorite juicing or vegan recipes or web sites!  I want to hear from you - please leave a message if you stopped by - even if it is just a "hello"!

Until next time...
~Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment